What is Dermaplaning
Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that involves a dermatologist or a licensed medical esthetician, gently scraping the surface of your skin with a surgical scalpel to remove dead skin from the top layer.
The surgical scalpel is used to gently scrape away dead skin cells and “peach fuzz” (also known as white vellus hairs on the face). Dermaplaning clears away those damaged skin cells so that newer skin cells are what you see when you look in the mirror.
After this procedure, your skin care products will better penetrate your skin when you apply them, making them all the more effective.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Provides deeper product penetration.
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peach fuzz”.
How often should Dermaplaning be done?
This procedure of skin cell rejuvenation normally takes about a month, so we recommend that clients return every 4-6 weeks in between each Dermaplaning treatment.
Single treatment $95